CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 22, 2010

Duo Surgical Eyelash Adhesive


Today I am talking about Duo Surgical Eyelash Adehesive. People sometimes refer to me as the "Lash Girl" because I never leave the house without my false eyelashes on and it is something I teach many clients to do. I always get many questions about the application and products I use so I am going to make this a 2 part blog. Today I will talk about the glue and for my next post I will discuss some great eyelash brands and have reference photos. Duo glue is by far the best glue I have ever tried and is one of the top rated glues on the market. You can find Duo sometimes at Drug stores but it mainly can be found at MAC, as it is the glue they use, and at many other cosmetic stores. It usually comes in a small white box and has a small white tube with blue writing on it. This glue will work for any false eyelashes including human hair lashes and can be used to glue jewels or other accesories onto the skin. This is 100% safe and gentle to your skin because it is a "surgical glue" and has medical uses also. It is a clear, liquid latex that when exposed to air becomes rubbery in consistency. There are no other glues on the market comparable to this as it is surgical, if it gets in your eyes it clumps together so you can gently remove it. I have very bad eye allergies and my eyes are extremely sensitive and this is the only glue I can use for myself and clients that is non irritating and safe! There is one thing you need to be aware of before you run out to try this glue-they also sell a Duo glue that is non surgical. That glue is a bit stronger but not surgical. I recommend the surgical adhesive as it can hold eyelashes for up to 24hrs, is waterproof and gentle. The non surgical glue comes in clear and dark while the surgical grade only comes in clear. This product usually comes in 1/2 oz tube and sells from 3-6 dollars. I am adding a link below of where to purchase this product but you can also purchase it at MAC. Remember, my next post will be part 2 on this subject so stay tuned for "The best Faux eyelash brands and how to apply them like a Pro." Thank you friends and as always questions and comments are welcomed :)

Madame Madeline - Online Shoppe for discount Ardell False Eyelashes and Andrea Lashes

7 comments:

  1. I love this, you are starting to inspire me to be the pretty I know I can be :)I wish I had more patience....I should...ah I'm letting myself go! Lord Help Me!...Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Nikki! You are very beautiful. I remember being so young and just staring at your makeup. You would always wear a white shimmer highlighter around your eyes and I loved that! You inspired me :) Anything I can help with or any topic you are interested in just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 11, 2010

    I wish I read this before I purchased mine:-)...
    I didn't know there were two types.
    I've just purchased the non-surgical one in dark.
    Your saying that you recommend the surgical one as it can hold the eyelashes for up to 24 hours.Do you know how long the non-surgical can hold the eyelashes for? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jackie, Is the AMONIA & FORMALEHYDE in Due safe? I was led to believe here in Australua they banned any product citing health? As a stand up drag comedienne I luvv this product, just concerned as use frequently. Cheers and thanks for your help. Miss Sall Monalla x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing such wonderful information!In my opinion, Keep a healthy life by consuming healthy food and doing exercise regularly is the best healthy formula.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Article it its really informative and innovative keep us posted with new updates. its was really valuable. thanks a lot.
    high definition brows

    ReplyDelete
  7. an interesting and useful product. thank you for revewing it

    ReplyDelete